As winter begins to wind down, everyone is getting a bit of spring fever. Naturally, thoughts and inspiration turn to the home and ways to breathe life and freshness into your décor. There are some fabulous ways to create almost a makeover without actually going to all that effort. All it takes is a few changes, some creative inspiration, and you are on your way!
- Get a new coat. Of paint, that is. Any room gets an instant brightening face-lift with a new, lighter color.
- De-clutter. It’s amazing how de-cluttering can not only give your home a fresh lift, but your mood as well. Make sure to choose storage bins that are light and fresh and add a design element all their own.
- Reflect on it. Mirrors are a great way to not only replicate your existing light, but also to make even the smallest room open up and appear more spacious.
- Color it! Chase away those winter drabs with some new throws, pillows, or a brightly colored vase to sprinkle subtle, but eye-popping color to your room.
- Open it. Your windows, we mean. Start with the old-fashioned spring window cleaning inside and out to wash away that winter grime. Finish up with simple, airy window treatments and give your eyes a window on the world.
- Quick art. Update your walls with the aura of spring and create some easy, new art to dot throughout your home. Just a few new pieces can really transform a room.
- Shine a light on it. Add lighting to dark corners, or illuminate and highlight artwork. Adding hidden strip lighting under cabinets and within bookshelves opens up those dark “holes”.
- White out. Pack away those deeper, dark linens from winter and brighten up your bedroom with crisp, white ones.
- Center it. A simple floral centerpiece on the table will freshen up the entire room. There is no need for expensive arrangements from the florist with these elegant ideas.
As you can see, it doesn’t take an extensive overhaul of your home to create a whole new look. Think bright, simple, and bold pops of color for spring!